Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Propositions 4 & 5

Make sure before you vote on November 8th that you read the Voter Information Pamphlet we received in the mail outlining the pros and cons of Proposition 4 and 5. I would personally hate to see these both pass. My opinion is that the sponsors of these propositions seem to have their own agenda. If passed they would severely hinder Lehi City's ability to become a progressive city, open up the possibility of costly lawsuits and make it difficult for Lehi to attract high-quality employees. If these propositions are not read completely, many will have the tendency to agree and vote yes. Our city is growing and needs progressive leaders -- we ain't pioneers and the "good ole boys" mentality just won't work any longer. Vote NO for Proposition 4 & 5. Now I will get down off my political soap box.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! I add my plea to please vote NO. Every time I read the propositions, I think to myself, what country do we live in? Do we have a free market economy or not? Do we want to legislate where people live? Do we want to attract high quality employees to work for our fine city?

    OK, I could go on and on. But I won't. And maybe I will do an entire blog post on my blog later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info ladies.. I definitely will vote NO

    ReplyDelete